Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Yo-yo makers!

This little kit makes round yo-yo fabric circles, in a nice size...once I get used to stitching into the proper holes for stitches, it's going to be faster and easier to sew up a batch for decorating things! I'll probably never tackle making 3,000+ like my friend Betty who is going for a quilt.......a big, bed-size quilt of yo-yo's!!!! It will be stunning...........
And this kit makes a heart-shaped yo-yo!!! Really! I played with it awhile and found out it will take a little "getting used to" also, but I learned right off to double the thread and it won't break when I start gathering! Duh.
And the holes close up nice and tight; they'll be cute using fat beads or buttons to cover the hole if needed. An art quilt for the wall would be mighty sweet made with LOTS of these! We shall see................

No comments: