Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Good Read..............

Here's the latest book I read last week; I rated it "Good". Tabitha King is Stephen's wife (he of the horror stories), but she's a great writer herself.
When I learn how, I'll keep an ongoing list of good reads on this blog. I've kept a notebook of every book I've read since 1965, and rated them:
Fair/Good/Very Good! Only the ones rated "very good" would I read again sometime in the future. I feel sorry for people who were not read to as children, and who don't love to read as adults. I MUST read something every day, whether it be newspapers, magazines, books, my large print bible (which I have highlighted here and there in yellow!), paperbacks and hardbacks. I've visited our little local library since I was four years old and sat at the little oval wood table that is low enough for kids. Now I can put my name on the waiting list for best-sellers or get them to borrow books we don't have thru the inter-library loan program. And I love to read lots of different kinds of tales............both fiction and non-fiction; more on this subject another day. It could take a long time.................stay posted if you're a lover of books!

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Wow! A notebook of all you've read since '65! That's amazing. Wish I had done that. I've started compiling a list of all the books I've read in my life, but I've probably forgotten more than I remember.
I've read only one book by Tabitha, her first one I think. I didn't care much for it. Maybe I should read some more. I absolutely love Stephen King books. Just received my copy of his new Duma Key today. Can't wait to get started.

Maggie R said...

Hi Phyl, I always like to hear what you're reading...
I missed out a lot when I was young, not being read to that I can remember! I guess that is why I have always read to and encouraged my 4 kids to be interested in books. When Deborah our oldest was just a wee one, her treat when we went shopping was a new "Golden Book"(25cents!) She had a good start I guess because her thirst for books is amazing, Her library covers one entire wall!!! I am trying to read more myself, Still Summer by Jacqueline Mitchard is the one I'm on now. Pretty good and I've only renewed it ONCE!!!! That's one you recommended to me .
I will be checking back for more ideas. Thanks Phyl.
((((hugs))))
Maggie