Sunday, February 3, 2008

.....more felted hearts............

Here's a pretty hot pink felted purse ready for embellishing, but right now it's holding my last two heart pins for this photo session! And the weirdly colored cheesecloth was a "bad dye job". It was supposed to be purple, but as I rinsed it, I loved this light blue/lavender/pink that turned up, so I quickly dried it. You'll be seeing it somewhere later...........
This pin's decorated with an odd metal/glass bead earring that I've lost the match to; and don't you just love those hot colors of feathers with polk-a-dots?!!! I pulled them off a long strand of feathers sold by the yard; don't know why I bought a yard of them........just knew I would NEED them sometime or other! Last, but not least is this felted pin........I added a red felted circle, a little felted ball w/seed beads, a pinch of lavender feathers, some white glass seed beads, and some white flower stamens from waayyy back in a drawer I hadn't looked in for months! (No telling WHAT other oddities live here!)

Okay. That's it for the pins. I'm sick of making them; will move on to the pink cell phone case and pink purse tomorrow and add some *bling* to them. I don't know WHAT has come over me as "a little old lady"!!! The older I get, the more I love bright, gaudy, shiny things! Like my beading friend Maggie says: "Life is short...........wear sequins!"

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

The pins came out beautifully, and I love the use of that lone earring, and those bright feathers!