Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September stuff............

The scenery on my morning walks changes almost daily........the huge spider webs I posted here a few weeks ago are all gone now, and the pastures are filled with these little "pocket" webs! I didn't see what the occupant looked like, but I suppose the web is built before dark and insects might "fall in".........that could work for daytime or nights. There are literally hundreds of these small webs everywhere the last two days!


I'm trying to complete the edging around this pin/brooch with just loops of size 11 glass seed beads.........I worked on it Sunday afternoon while my "quilty" friends beaded away on their projects. This pin will be set aside now, though, until I make the first of the 2008 Bead Journal Project pieces for September. I have committed to doing 12 small fully-beaded "flat" dolls for the BJP; one per month and am anxious to get started! (One of my mottos: NEVER finish one project before starting the next one on your list!") Heh, heh........


I don't know what kind of lily this one is, and I don't even remember if I've shown it here during the last week; but it's lasting a very long time and I keep adding new cosmos or small sunflower blooms to the vase as they open. I apologized to the honey bees, but with my non-"green thumb", I only have a mighty few flowers scattered around the yard and I need to be able to see them while they last............autumn is upon us! I treasure each and every tiny blossom and love the colors of the fall season, but it's the beginning of my least favorite and depressing winter season. Oh, how I wish we could bottle the beautiful weather and blooms for February!!!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Autumn is my favourite season, love the colours and the early dew perfect for spotting all those webs. HOw is it we all succumb at one stage or another to having several projects on the go at once! I like the colours of the pin you are working on, will be looking forward to it making another appearance