Friday, December 7, 2007

I love this little artsy hanger my dear friend Sandy gave me.......I truly AM "too fond" of books; plus my brain IS getting more "addled" I'm finding as I'm heading full force into my sixth decade! But I don't think it was reading all those books; if anything, reading every day helps me to keep my sanity. My new online friend, Susan Cleveland has a great blog and I love the list she keeps showing the books she reads, and also giving a little review of each one, AND she "rates" it!!! She and I have exactly the same "taste" in the books we read.........thank you, Susan, for the list! I want to do something similar on this blog when I learn how. Duh.(Addled brain)! Check out her blog in my list to the right: its title is "Blackberry Creek".

My latest book is Nicholas Sparks' new "The Choice", and it is the same as all his other books.........one you can't put down until the end! And he lives in New Bern, N.C. I don't know why, and I'm not bragging about authors, but North Carolina has produced several VERY good authors. They write both fiction and non-fiction about our varied history of this state which has three definite sections: the Great Smoky Mountains; the rolling hills and pastures of the Piedmont; and the coastal beaches and small towns, which are my favorites to read about. In this new book of Sparks' I can just visualize the places they visit in Beaufort, at Fort Macon, driving over the bridges from Beaufort to Morehead City, and the bridge connecting Morehead to Atlantic Beach and all the wonderful little towns on the Bogue Banks. I'm a Pisces and was taken as a baby/child/teen/adult to the beaches of that area, and still go when able now. A part of my heart stays there year-round.

4 comments:

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

hi phyl
your artsy hanger is toooo much fun!!!! what a gift!
lucky you
and thanks for sharing:)
tammy
crookedheartart.blogspot.com

girlgonethreadwild said...

I'll have to check out her list.... I also like Nicholas Sparks, but [admit] here I am more of a movie goer than reader. *gulp* Will you chew me out for that? lol Love the hanger, instantly produces smiles! ~Monica

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Hi Phyl. So glad you like the book reviews. I haven't read any of Sparks' books. I'll have to check them out.
I love your little ornament. That quote, I believe, is from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Said about Jo, maybe. At least I know it's from one of LMA's books. When I retired as editor at Oxmoor House, the invitation to my retirement party began with that quote. My sweet boss lady, who created the invitation, knew me well.
Hmmm. I might have to post a photo of that invitation on my blog.

Sue said...

Is that ornament one of the Lainie's Ladies hangers? Looks like it could be.

My father always worried that I read too much. He kept telling me I was going to ruin my eyes. I used to read under the bed covers or climb trees and hide in them to read. My eyes aren't any more "ruint" than they were then!

Bought 4 *magazines* yesterday. I fear my tombstone will be etched with "she read magazines" - I love them, but I really need to get back to reading substance. We'll get that reading list added to your blog...