Wednesday, September 12, 2007

.........this is the very first fully beaded art doll I made, back last fall. I actually cheated a little and only filled the back side with scattered beads, but the front turned out pretty, I thought. Not a happy face, and the "hair" is wilder than mine! I used thick and thin yarns.......
The heart is a small ceramic glazed "tile" that I glued on first, and then began to circle from there and worked outwards. I've learned quickly that size 6 and 8 seed beads are lots more fun to work with because they're larger, and cover more fabric quicker than their smaller counterparts - the little size 11 and 15 beads! Of course the tiny ones give the most intricate designs; just more time and sweat involved!
I'll have another photo soon of the current RR doll; one member had to drop out of the game because of illness, so we who are left get to bead a larger area on the other dollies! Yaaay!!! I got carried away today looking at my "Embeadery" book by Margaret Ball which gives wonderful wild stitches, and clear and simple illustrations of how to do each design. Before I knew it, I'd almost covered half the back of this dolly! Now I have to post and decorate her little traveling journal, and she will be ready to mail off to Oregon by the end of the month. And I will receive the next doll to work on for October. Stay tuned............

No comments: