Thursday, September 20, 2007

......well, guess what the heck THIS thingie above is??!!! It's a twig "doll", of course. We lost one of our dogwood trees to the drought and went to cut it down, and I "saw" this little girl doll who seemed to be running away! So I saved the branch and cut her out with pruning shears; then hubby finished his job of sawing the tree down. See below photo for her natural neck decoration............
........she has a beautiful area of light green lichen already growing and attached to her "neck", so I will make her a head of some kind, and wrap her with fabric or yarns or wool rovings and beads. Eventually. Right now she's running along my workbench wall where I can see her. Don't want her to get lost!

5 comments:

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

Oh the possibilities... I do hope you blog her when the creative muse moves you. Happy cretions!

girl_gone_thread_wild said...

Make that "creations" LMAO! ay yi yi!

sammy said...

What a great creation you gound! I can't wait to see whay you do with her... guess I best go check out the tree limbs in my back yard!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

The twig doll is amazing.

tammy lang said...

hi phyl
such great pics on your blog!!!
you do some beautiful pieces:)
that is one great stick!!
hehee i think i need it:)