Friday, November 2, 2007

This Friday post is way late in the day, but we've had a busy time and a gorgeous autumn day to run errands. Above are some of the pretty vintage grosgrain ribbons I acquired recently (front stack). And I was happy to see in the Walmart today that the ribbon companies are making lots of reproductions of old buttons and laces and ribbons! Of course, the newly-made items we love to create with don't have that "aged" patina on them, but boy, do we have lots of ways to "age" them........with tea and instant coffee and plant dyes; and for colors: use Kool-Aid and Easter egg dyes!

When we got home late this afternoon, in the mailbox was my next Round Robin doll to bead on in the Beaded Art Doll yahoo group! She's from Australia; she's already traveled to Germany and Pennsylvania, and now to me in North Carolina! I'll try to remember to post a photo of her tomorrow here so you can see the beautiful beading that's already been done by three of the ladies; then I'll show her to you again when I finish my part of the "free-form" beading and work in her pretty travel journal and mail her off to the next beader in Oregon! This child needs a suitcase, doesn't she?!! And a passport! Her "mom" in Australia will be so happy to get her back home in January..........and to exclaim over the untold hours of intricate beading done on her. It's such a fun RR, and all the ladies in this group are super nice.......they're master beaders, and still let "newbies" like me join their group to learn to bead! I"m so blessed.

No comments: