Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Vintage" embroidery?!!

While digging through stuff stashed in our little log barn looking for something, I always find other stuff we'd packed away years ago and totally forgotten about! The art/craft/needlework of the day back in 1968 was crewel embroidery; needless to say, I had amassed designs and yarns, both of the wool crewel yarn, and these two framed embroideries I did with plain old embroidery floss................
..........I don't even remember doing this orange/yellow piece; I've never liked orange, but my initials are on it! And I even used a thin paper mat and painted a frame orange to match! And I also found a box of wonderful old embroidery patterns/designs that can be used for lots of things nowadays. I don't remember if I ever found whatever I went looking for in the barn or not. Duh. (At this age/stage of the game, I'm thankful I can still embroider, even if I won't remember next week what I did with it!)

2 comments:

girlgonethreadwild said...

don't you just love it when you FIND yourself digging up old projects and wondering, "when did I do this?"

Here's to making NEW & old discoveries...

~Monica :)

Jane said...

And they look lovely. I love that sort of embroidery